Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Signal withOut scope probe

Hi All;
Morzh, Thank You for you answers and further questions..
I have a scope that does do frequency and so, I did adjust the Oscillator coil, and Capacitor when I had the Dial set for 600 KHZ and my IF is 460 KHZ, so I set the Oscillator frequency at 1010 KHZ.. I couldn't have done it without my scope..
When the switch is in Band 1 or Broadcast band, the switch does connect the two Capacitors together, now whether it needs to or does connect anything else together, I don't know at the present..
In the Morning I will check and let you know If the problem persists when it is in Band 4 (SW) and the other two as well.. I will also see if it will receive any signals while in the other three bands, both with and without the scope attached to that point..
I am Not sure if the Antenna Trap is completely working, it passes a signal thru, but I am not sure that it is trapping any signals.. When I have put 460KHZ to it and try to make it less or none extinct, it doesn't seem to dimish any at all.. As per the Philco instructions.. The Cap maybe bad or off value, or for that matter so could the coil be as well.. But, 600KHZ passes thru nicely..
Brenda Ann, Thanks for Your Input.. "I need more Input".
I have ohmed out the RF Coil both with the resistor attached and with one end removed and the coil ohms out, according to the specs from a Philco 44, which has the same front end.. But, I will ohm out all of the RF coil connections and see if something is wrong or missing..
I will also connect my generator directly to the cap and see If I still works without the scope connected and then work my way back to the antenna connection.. THANK YOU for the Suggestion..
THANK YOU Marty

Messages In This Thread
No Signal withOut scope probe - by marty - 09-06-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by keithw - 09-06-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by morzh - 09-06-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by marty - 09-06-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by morzh - 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by BrendaAnnD - 09-06-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by marty - 09-06-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by marty - 09-07-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by morzh - 09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: No Signal withOut scope probe - by marty - 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM