Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

O man now I've done it, Philco 37-116

Ronin

There is one single cap that is practically inaccessible in the RF. Because of the Ground. I simply cut the lead off and use the new cap to plug into one of the front ground tabs. The rest is doable though a bit nauseating.

But John who I called about the gaskets told me that unless the radio was repaired before and the RF chassis was spot-soldered where it shouldn't have been, it should dismount relatively easily. He restored several of 37-116 and seems to know quite a bit about them.

Anyway, it looks worse than it is in reality.

Mike:

Brenda wrote she is stationed in Korea.

PS. About shipping: I am about to ship an E.H. Scott chassis I bought for that guy in Ukraine (who I mentioned here before) to Ukraine.
Which brings me to the point: there are national privater postal services that will pick up your package and deliver to the addressee in your country of choice. I found a Ukrainian private carrier who the other guy used to send things to Ukraine; he is quite happy with them. I am sure there are other services like this for many countries from where we have large immigrant groups here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: O man now I've done it, Philco 37-116 - by morzh - 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM