Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 volume and no frequency

You need to have to get a more sensitive meter to read anything off your speaker. When I am aligning and testing, I use my Fluke 77 digital meter. It reads less than .5 volt depending on the setting of the volume control and generator. I find about .150 or so A/C is about what I can stand without going insane listening to it. I ususally set the gen and volume control to about that level, then you can adjust from there. I didnt used to think the meter was that important, I had ears, ok... Yes, well, that meter can see flutcuations and things that my ears cant hear. It is a good help. If you are going to do this kind of work, I reccomend a decent digital meter. My preference is a Fluke. They are easy to use and forgiving of user error.

Dont feel too bad - I am fighting an intermittant. Read the last page or so of my post on the 70 rebuild. You are blessed in that you have a definate problem rather than one that comes and goes. Hang in there.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Model 60 volume and no frequency - by winston763 - 04-05-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 04-08-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 05-03-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 05-09-2014, 08:00 PM