Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

mute philco 19 or 89 or all between

You are the first to mention that this doesn't look like the original speaker. I noticed and you can see at least one of them' two wire nuts. I being a relative newbie to this model have never seen wire nuts on original equipment unless tampered with.
That loose wire I found wrapped around the lug with a rivet holding it in place in the pic. Seeing as it was a dangling wire thought it broke of it's solder joint and put it back. Since this pic was taken I remove the wire from where I soldered it.
The rest of the wires coming from the voice coil are still attached to the transformer "three of them" hence my confusion.
Two other parts in question are the second IF Transformer with the broken wire" since fixed". and the part #4 in the schematic. The transformer had no continuity at all. since I re-soldered to it's lug, two lugs have continuity. The last two don't, Shouldn't the transformer have two separate sides of continuity?
The part #4 has five capacitors built in. According to the schematic it is called the 2nd IF Transformer. From what I read in different articles it is a very reliable part. It has the original caps inside smothered in tar. Should they be replaced as well?
Thanks for responding by the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused1 - 08-26-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused2 - 08-29-2014, 08:37 AM
RE: mute philco 19 or 89 or all between - by confused2 - 08-29-2014, 08:51 AM