Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just bought 37-620 want to get it working

Yeah, right.  I see that, now.  No. 56 got by me, it was hidden under some wiring, but I got 57 done.

I have seen comments by others about replacing the bakelite caps (No. 67).  Is that also something that should be done?  If so, I will include that in my next order from Antique Electronics Supply.

I see in the parts list No. 18 is a 16 mfd electrolytic cap.  Is that the can on top of the chassis that has two 8 mfd caps in it?  I bought two 8's to replace it.  I was planning to just put them under the chassis, as they are not very big.

In replacing caps, No. 35 is listed as a 0.05 mfd cap, but when I took it out, it was marked as a 0.25 mfd cap.  I replaced it with a 0.25 cap.  It was an original Philco, so maybe there was a change somewhere in production?

No. 62 is listed as a 12 mfd electrolytic cap.  I have read that I should replace that one with a larger cap, like 20 mfd instead of 12.  Is that correct?

Thanks again for the advice.  The more I read the forum comments, the more soldering I am doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought 37-620 want to get it working - by doctormap - 10-22-2014, 01:30 PM