Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 Tuning Condenser Shaft Slipping

From Joes photos, the orig shaft looks pretty worn! Look closely. After getting the "loose nuts" behind the steering-wheel fixed, ( JUST KIDDING!!),& shafts are freed up, stator & plates not touching thru entire rotation of tuning condenser,& making sure both point-to-point shaft surfaces are engaging, if not, some kind of "spacer" is going to be needed for the worn shaft? Just a guess only. Perhaps a single-layer of friction tape on the worn shaft would bring everything together? Not sure tho, Im guessing at best, & the Philco Pros here will know for sure!! I just had to fully replace a tuning condenser on a 40s Firestone Radio with a sub, ( orig chassis had been dropped hard on orig tuning condenser beyond repairs), replacement & match wasnt easy for alignment. You WILL be able to fix this prob Joe!! Plenty help here that knows lots more about specific model Philcos than I do!! Just tryin to help if I can. You sure build very-fine homebrew Loop Antennas indeed!! Just think how good that mod 60 is going to receive once you get everything working!! Best of luck with all your restorations!! Icon_wink

Messages In This Thread