Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just got my 15x

I have been looking for a long while for a nice philco 15x . One popped up yesterday locally and today went and got . Complete and as far as I can tell has not been messed with looks all factory. Powered it up with variac and amp meter and is working fine, does have a hum . It will receive a full going over for max performance and safety. Cabinet is in real nice shape including finish, it is factory finish and will not refinish. I played it briefly and has plenty of power and bass coming from twin speakers. It has a light above the speaker grill area to light up speaker board which I knew was there from my research on this model. I am real excided about this radio and will be displayed next the very rare Philco 23x  If only I can get my hands on a 15dx. The back cover is intact along with the tube shields. The guy I bought it from said his great grandmother purchased it new back in 1932. Truly a fine example of un touched 15x. All for the price of 125$ What a bargain Icon_wave  Icon_wtf  Icon_crazy  Icon_clap  

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Just got my 15x - by Fred Taylor - 05-26-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Just got my 15x - by Fred Taylor - 05-26-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Just got my 15x - by Ron Ramirez - 05-26-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Just got my 15x - by Chuck Schwark - 05-26-2015, 08:39 PM