Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring Philco 37-620

Thanks A12V Pete I plugged it in and it worked well. I do have a 5Y4G rect. that needs replacing, it seems to be a little weak. If I turn it on cold (not warmed up on the 100watt low input rig), it takes a while for the plate voltages to stabilize. I have a low hum in the back ground, not affected by volume control. Will have to run that down. I do have the hum coil connected in the speaker,so that is not the source. Since firing it up, I discovered that sometime in the past, it seems lightening might have hit near by. The antenna coil in the broadcast range, is missing the center tap and wire are missing. This is on the primary side. I haven't been able to locate one yet and it receives local stations well, so I'll use it while looking. It looks like that will be a problem to replace if I find one. What antenna do you use on your radios? I don't have room for a long wire, but have seen a couple of desk top type on line for use with SW and BC. Have you or anyone you know used such an antenna? Have a great day and thanks again for your help. Mike

Messages In This Thread
Restoring Philco 37-620 - by Guest - 02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Re: Restoring Philco 37-620 - by AI2V - 02-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Re: Restoring Philco 37-620 - by Guest - 02-27-2009, 12:18 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3966 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3964 Guest(s)

>