Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1939 Stromberg Carlson 430-H Restore on YouTube

(08-30-2015, 12:24 PM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  I've read mixed reviews on the Peel and Stick veneer so it will be interesting to see how well it holds up for you.

Clever movie tie-in with Dickel and I also enjoyed the bumper sticker!

Thanks again Buzz!

I've never read any reviews about peel an stick veneer, but I can imagine three obvious potential problems give what happens to other peel and stick products.

(A) The glue will ooze out or off gas from time to time causing problems with the finish.
(B) The glue will dry out causing the veneer to detach itself.
© The glue will allow the veneer to shift around with changes in heat and humidity.

Aside from those, and given the situation with paper backed veneer, the selection of different cuts and species will be limited to the more common types.

Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1939 Stromberg Carlson 430-H Restore on YouTube - by Arran - 08-31-2015, 03:37 AM

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>