Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Help with 49-405 Electronics

Well if it isn't a typo then someone is going to have to explain it - the only other thing I can think of is maybe the original electrolytics had a FAR lower internal resistance than modern ones and you could measure them this way - but that seems unlikely to me... Maybe check some other similar models service info and see what you can glean from them?

I've never used SAMS stuff before... but if that schematic is indicative of how they drew them I think I'll avoid them... compared to the Riders schematic thats just awful to try and read. I never understood why some schematics would have two points going to earth and rather than connecting them, both would have an earth symbol and remain separate... drives me nuts... but thats just me

The 40uF rating is just for the first cap - each cap after that is part of a series of progressive RC filters that isolate them somewhat from the first (reservoir) cap.

Cheers

Steve

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

Messages In This Thread
Need Help with 49-405 Electronics - by Winky Dink - 11-08-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Need Help with 49-405 Electronics - by kiwi_steve - 11-14-2015, 05:30 PM
RE: 49-504 Trimmer Trouble - by Winky Dink - 11-19-2015, 03:18 AM