Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Precise 111m tube tester restoration

I have the cabinet finished, things put back together and have tested several tubes. It seems fairly accurate for the most part, no tubes unusually low or high, other than a 6BQ5 tube, and I think the settings or something must be wrong in the chart, since even new ones test about half the minimum. The old 111 reads the same. Other audio output tubes test ok. Other than that, it works well. So, unless I need to recalibrate because of an error. What kind of meter to use is still a bit of a mystery to me, I used a Simpson 260, and a Fluke where it called for a VTVM.

So, I pronounce it finished. Icon_wink

A few notes:

I have the complete construction manual.
Have 'improved' the schematic and parts layout by adding the part location numbers (R1, C2, etc.)
If anyone needs a copy, PM me.

Added 4700 mf cap across the meter - flat tamed it down and helps eliminate slamming the meter.

Found the primary of the power transformer reversed causing a no meter reading on Em test on anything using the D" (50V) setting on screen voltage. Don't know if this is a factory defect in the power transformer or an error on the schematic and build sheet.

Be very careful when removing or inserting into case. The test switch is exposed and can be broken. I recommend putting the face of the tester down, then gently and carefully remove or install case.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 05-27-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM