Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 53-1750 with M24 Phonograph

Hi, All:

A friend, and very good customer, just brought me a Philco 53-1750 radio phonograph.  I'm going to lose my shirt on this, but he is an old friend.  Took me 2 hours just to get the works out of the cabinet.  I have service info for both the phonograph and the radio.  People are always telling me I'm smart, but, after an hour of diddling with this record changer, I can't see any way for it to play any record I am aware of.  The service manual says it will play 33s, 45s, and 78s.  I learned from the service manual that you rotate the "record shelf" to select which record type.  I turned it all 3 ways and was not able to place a 78 RPM record on the turntable manually without it jamming between the record shelf and spindle.  45?  Maybe there is supposed to be a spindle appliance for this?  12" 33s, I don't even see enough room from the spindle to the spindle shelf to drop one of these on it.

I'm wondering if an owner's manual would help, but I can't find one.  I'm going to start on the chassis restoration.  If anyone can be of any assistance/knows where I can download an owner's manual, I would very much appreciate it.

Best

Mike

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Philco 53-1750 with M24 Phonograph - by mboessen - 02-17-2024, 02:26 PM