Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

47-1230 transformer

The power/ primary transforner(T100) leaked wax and caught fire. I want to replace it but the schematic gives no details on what it is. Where can I find a replacement?
Thanks

I may be able to help when I get home this evening. Will look up the Philco part number in the Model 47-1230 Service Bulletin and then check all my post-war Philco Parts Catalogues for the specs.

Chuck

Chuck thanks for the reply , the original part for t100 is 32-8248 ,if that helps

Ellis,

I didn't need the transformer part number, as it is listed in the parts list of the Service Bulletin, but that is correct.

The 32-8248 is a vertical mounting type. with mounting centers of 2-1/2" x 2-1/4"

Height = 3-7/8" / Length = 3-1/2" / Width = 3-7/32"

Note: The voltages listed are for a line voltage of 115 volts (1947 remember).

Primary - 115 VAC

Secondaries:

High Voltage - 675 VAC @ 100 ma., center-tapped (330v - 0 - 330v)

Rectifier - 5 VAC @ 2 Amp

Filament #1 - 6.4 VAC @ 2.5 Amp

Filament #2 - 6.4 VAC @ 0.6 Amp, center-tapped
(Used expressly for the two audio output tubes)

Check out PlayThings of Past ( http://oldradioparts.com, and Radio Daze ( http://radiodaze.com ) for a replacement transformers.

Also use your favorite online aution and wanted listings for a junker chassis.

Regards,

Chuck

I have the Philco part.

It is in a box, however I have not checked it. It may be a repack or used. Either way, I will test it and guarantee it to be good before shipping. It would be $20 including shipping.

Don

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Correct model 84 Ac plug an cord type
From what I read Philco went to using brown rubber power cords in 1936, so cloth was used in the 1935 and earlier models...Arran — 11:25 PM
Hi Bruce, I have not worked on an 84, but in general, power cords for almost any radio prior to 1938 was cloth covered...MrFixr55 — 08:34 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
OK, well, so after staring at the sch again, I realized the problem had to be the #12/12A padder. I put a scope on the o...morzh — 08:15 PM
Hello Bruce, I mostly use brown far as my cloth powercords go ! Here is the plug that I have used bakelite Acorn style...radiorich — 08:05 PM
Looking for as correct as can find the right Ac plug an the correct colored cloth line. Ive seen many old photos but mos...Bruce — 04:13 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Rod Two Y-caps make sense if you use them from L/N to the chassis; this is only makes sense in the transformer radios...morzh — 10:11 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Mike, I'm curious about a specific use of he Y cap. Lately I've seen a single cap across the power transformer primary. ...RodB — 09:01 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
hello morzh , That sounds like a plan ! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 07:45 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Richard, It helped some, but I still had the whining when engaging the rear power strip (I did not realize it was fro...morzh — 07:07 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Hello morzh, Yes , that dreaded hum in my room where i do alighment I have my cable modem and router plus desktop plus ...radiorich — 11:25 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4462 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4460 Guest(s)

>