Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1934 model 84

Good Morning
I am so happy ive joined this forum!
Everyone do far has been do helpful. In speaking with Terry i was refreshed to many forgoten things. Garys response helped as well i really appreciate help from all.ive got to tell terry i went down the rabbit hole an bought a couple more sets. A model 60,a model 84, yes a twin for my first! Then my son can have 1 on each side of his desk. Terry an i covered alot an hes a wealth of knowledge. As far as age ill be 71 in a couple weeks! I do have to find base screws as this set didn't have any an local nut an bolt store laughed at me an said" good luck". Couldn't order even! Spent a couple late nites cleaning carefully an preserving as much as possible. My son wants me to keep it as original as possible I didn't realize that some of that pre 1940 technology was totally different like reading resistors with dots and such measuring capacitors with a known meter and a few other characteristics that didn't make sense because most of my learned technology back in high school and trade school was from ladder 40s and through the '50s and '60s so it's like learning a new language basically That's where the old 1933 book is Handy it may take me a while to finish reading it but at least I'll have it for referencing things when somebody says something that I don't remember don't quite understand. But feel free to jump in there and get hold of me if you find any other interesting tidbits or things that I should no along my way It's greatly appreciated have a great day and a great weekend and we'll talk to you again soon Thank you
Regards
Bruce

Hi Bruce

Didn't read the whole post as I'm lisdexsic and it makes my hair smoke. Is this is what you are seeking: https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=24780 If so I'll go back to listening to Eva Cassidy. [Image: https://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/sm..._angel.gif]

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry