Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

40-150 General questions

I discovered a stamp on the underside of the breadboard on my Philco 40-150. It is"56-1417' in black ink with numbers about 1/2" tall. Any ideas wg
hat it means?

Attached Files Image(s)

If I weren't a good Electrician, I'd be dead by now! Icon_e_wink

Hi Kevin,

No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact that I survived to this age after all my escapades, is proof positive of a benevolent and loving God!!!!"

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this model and the only part with 56 is the dial pointer. Not being on the parts list probably means it's not replaceable.

I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you could order up for replacement. It also does not show up in the 1942 Parts Catalog.

Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Of course! Even the chassis will have a part number. Thanks for your replies. And yes, I do have some serious rewiring to do. All the rubber coated wire insulation turns to dust if I give it a stern look! So glad I didn't plug it in when I got it. Now, lets see if I can still make a good solder joint.

If I weren't a good Electrician, I'd be dead by now! Icon_e_wink

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
40-150 General questions
Of course! Even the chassis will have a part number. Thanks for your replies. And yes, I do have some serious rewiring t...Kevin_D — 12:14 PM
Philco Model 512 Mandarin Red Metal Cone Speaker - Help
MrFixr55- Thanks for all the good information. I know that the "motor" is open. Since this is my first ventur...jjfritz5528 — 09:22 PM
Howard Car Radio Model HA6 1936
Hi Everyone,  A friend has given me a Howard Model HA6 car radio - a set which has an interesting history , the more ...Antipodal — 09:17 PM
GE Model P-975F
Have looked at info on other sites. What is funny the wire that runs to the ext ant and ground connections are different...David — 05:36 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
Hello Philconut. This thread is over twelve years old. I am sorry to inform you that Michael Dennis passed away severa...GarySP — 05:24 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
I've just taken one of these sets in for restoration. What a behemoth! After re-stuffing all the wee capacitor cans &...Philconut — 04:34 PM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
All of these restorations are two projects. The chassis and the cabinet. You're done with the chassis. I would keep ...RodB — 01:29 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. The transformer tested per your numbers. Checked the wiring and it appears to be good. I’ll move on to checking ...bridkarl — 12:37 PM
GE Model P-975F
There are 2 of these on ePay and several pics on Radiomuseum.  Although the front looks like a very popular Hong Kong ra...MrFixr55 — 09:26 AM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
Hi Fred, I get things to work, but what you, Russ, RadioSvit and many others on the Phorum do with cabinet and chassis...MrFixr55 — 09:02 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3576 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3575 Guest(s)

>