Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 29 or 45

Hello, I have just received a Philco lowboy where the tube layout label in the cabinet says 29 or 45. There is no label or markings on the chassis to say which it is. Is there some way to tell what I have? Also my search for a new dial came up empty on Radio Daze does anyone know if I can get one?

Thanks,
Dan

29 chassis has a shadow meter while 45 chassis does not. Shadow meter is part no. 27 in the 29 schematic. compare it to the 45 chassis.
https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...ams-vol-1/

...and here's a series of discussions that Ron Ramirez did about his 29/45 restoration. This the link to Part 1 of 7.
https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...on-part-1/

Thanks for the info Bob. Looks like a have a 45 (no shadow). Stuffing old paper caps is a bit more than what I care to do. Besides who will ever see them. I restuff electrolytic caps if there is no room under the chassis otherwise I leave the old ones in place disconnected.

Dan

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Given the 1960s vintage, it is likely that the cartridge is ceramic, likely more stable. The changer looks like a Voice...MrFixr55 — 05:03 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
FIXED!daveone23 — 03:55 PM
Bakelite crack repair - what is best epoxy?
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you sharing your experience and looks like I'll work with the 24 hr two part clear epoxy....de371 — 10:25 PM
Without a schematic its going to be hard tracing the wire wound spool resistors.daveone23 — 05:21 PM
Looking for a schematic for the 665 j2 multimeter.daveone23 — 04:42 PM
>>I'll write to the Henry Ford. I heard, his secretary answers his mail, not he himself.morzh — 12:15 PM
Philco 48-200 alignment questions
Just checked the power cord and I did in fact wire it so the hot side (small prong) goes to the switch.transitony — 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll write to the Henry Ford.   That would certainly make sense since by the time this prod...jeibner — 11:49 AM
For what it's worth, the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan may be an option. The obvious ...GarySP — 11:39 AM
Help with Readrite 410 tube tester
Mike and I just had a short discussion yesterday about this very subject. So often it's the connections. Ya gotta have t...RodB — 10:08 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>