Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question

Hello Everyone,
I have one of my Heavy-duty bench powersuplies made by Samlex it's 13.8 volt dc 20-25 amp supply.
What I would like to do is replace it's main filter electrolytic capacitors which it uses six 4700ufd capacitors to add up to 28,000ufd .
they used a no-named brand and I was wondering about getting some higher value capacitors to replace those six .
or should just stick with the original design ?

Here are a couple photos of this monster        

Sincerely Richard
P.S. the other thing I thought would be handy is volt and amp meter to add to it !
this unit really used seven 4700ufd capacitors

Attached Files Image(s)

I suggest sticking with the original values. Depending upon the design if you increase the cap values too much the increase in inrush current may damage components ahead of the caps.

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

Hello Dale,
What I plan to do is to use a couple  of  14,000 ufd capacitors and put them in parallel and take that circuit board with the 6 4700ufd capacitors are mounted on them to the chassis .

Sincerely Richard

Attached Files Image(s)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question
Hello Dale, What I plan to do is to use a couple  of  14,000 ufd capacitors and put them in parallel and take that circ...radiorich — 08:23 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Yup you can also play w/the value of 48. I usually make it a little smaller this will make the sound a bit brighter. Som...Radioroslyn — 07:50 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Hi all and thanks for the great responses!  I went with a can left over from another radio, kinda scratched up but it do...Kurt P — 04:35 PM
Clear Schematic for 41-255
AH Just noticed 1 error on my cleaned-up schematic... Part # 27 - the 8uf electrolytic cap...The lead that is marked RE...patrician56 — 04:10 PM
Clear Schematic for 41-255
Hi Ross, I don't know if you still need a clear schematic for the 41-255 but here is one that I cleaned up. I added pin...patrician56 — 03:45 PM
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
Joseph,   Thanks for the follow up. MrFixr55,   Thanks for the info. I was aware of the "Current Wars"...PeterN — 03:32 PM
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
Fantastic report, Mr. Fixr! I had never read about AC/DC sets originally running at a higher price than AC-only models, ...jrblasde — 01:21 PM
49-504
Also wheni first power on the 7a8 gets very bright more than normal not sure what I did wrongphilco4me — 12:53 PM
49-504
Hello all I am doing a 49-504 and in section 4 I see C401is that a 5mmf ? I did not see that when I replaced the caps. ...philco4me — 12:47 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Thx for the description. I thought that it had to have a single 10 - 12" Sensor. Congrats on restoring the GE and...MrFixr55 — 10:12 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>