Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magnetic Tuning

The last step on my restoration of a 37-690 is to get the Magnetic Tuning to work. Neither the Primary coil nor the Secondary variable cap responds to adjustment while following the alignment instructions.
Any ideas on how the can cover comes off?  The two nuts on the top are easy part, but the base is secured by a method that I am unaware of.

Attached Files Image(s)

RJ Dial
"Radiodial"
Mendocino, CA

Welcome to the Phorum, RJ Dial! Your own photograph posted gives you the answer ... screws at the base of the can threaded to the chassis. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

I think there are two pairs of pins ( you can see one in your photo) that go through the chassis. “Barbs” on the pins lock them in place under the chassis. From the underside of the chassis, squeeze the pins together so the barbs clear the holes (both sides of the cover) and that should release the cover. It’s obvious when you see it.[/i]

Can't think of anything witty.
Greg O.
Whitehall, PA

I'm pretty sure that is not a screw in the photo, but a rivet.
I'll try and access the barbs from the underside. I'll have to put the chassis back in the rotisserie stand.
Thanks all,

RJ Dial
"Radiodial"
Mendocino, CA

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Hippo 46-420 Schematic doesn't match parts list.
Here you have the part in the sch with values. I am not sure what else is needed.morzh — 02:56 PM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Ron Here are the two of my jigs side by side. They have been with me about the same time (a couple of month differenc...morzh — 02:05 PM
Kurt P
Terry, gotcha, thanks for the clarification.  That’s probably why the speaker seems shorted.  Assuming the OT/FC/speaker...Kurt P — 10:59 AM
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
I have the 2.25V and 2.5V information confused, and must look more carefully at the schematic and Hammond transformer in...TN Allen — 10:24 AM
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
Thank you for the information, it all helps, although understanding some of it takes time. One reason for doing the PS a...TN Allen — 09:42 AM
462ron
Hi Mike, the radio is coming along nicely but wow, you must have some serious moisture in your shop judging by the amoun...462ron — 06:29 AM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Have rebuilt the can. The can had 4 caps in it, 2x16uF, 10uF and 8uF. I used a 15uF as the first cap, 22uF and 10uF ...morzh — 09:38 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
The flat copper wires are from the hum bucking coil. All of the other resistances seem to be OK.Radioroslyn — 04:15 PM
Help with weston 669
I need help with my 669 meter. I recapped it becausing it was pegging the meter out. Now the neon light comes on (not su...daveone23 — 02:42 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
I may be incorrect but you should measure around few ohms for the voice coil. In addition you may have a hum bucking coi...RodB — 02:29 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4237 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4235 Guest(s)

>