Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crosley Model Fiver Jr. (5M3)

Hello
I am trying for the first time to align this radio. It will play on the high end of the tuner, if the volume control is turned all the way up. If I touch the trimmer on the low end of the gang condenser some of the low end stations will play. Checking the voltages from the chart they all look some what close, except for the Plate of the 76 Detector tube. The chart lists 80 volts but I see 158 at high volume and 195 at zero volume.
This is my first time doing (or trying) an alignment.
Thanks for any help
Bob

Make sure you use insulated tool for your trimmers: plastic socket or plastic/nonconductive tip screwdriver.

Thanks. I need to get some tools. My tools are insulated as far as electrical use, but the tips are metal.
Bob

Just go to the kitchen and beg a couple of dry chopsticks. File down to fit.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3584 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 3581 Guest(s)

>