Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Finish Question?

Hello,

I recently acquired a 37-620 philco radio. The photo finish is completely intact. The clear laquer that is over the photo finish has some "checking" and slight cracking but over all not too bad. Is there any way to repair that clear coat with out disrupting the underlying photo finish or is it best just to leave it as is??

Thanks

DaveIcon_smile

I've lightly sanded it with 600 or 1000 grit that resprayed it with lacquer. Do this several times til the checking is gone.
GL
Terry

I have done this quite a few times, and then buffed the radio out. Be carefull if you do any masking the lacquer will soften the PP for a while and you can lift it off.

The only minor issue I have seen is on one radio the non photofinish area had som finish areas that were lifting bit not visable. After being sprayed they were slightly lighter. The only option there would have been to strip those areas like the arch. But again, watch that masking tape.

Thanks for the advice!

Dave

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3988 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3986 Guest(s)

>