Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bose wave radio

I know it's heresy but does anybody know where to find any service info on a Bose wave radio?

Thanks
Chris

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

They have a facility in Framingham MA, "the Mountain" perhaps you can ship it there. I do not know of factory auth reps.

Paul

Tubetalk1

In various forums where I have seen people asking for schematics I have yet to see a source for them turn up. Maybe by now there are some available, but I have yet to see any.

Have you opened it up yet? It might be a case of bad capacitors.... some of them may have been around long enough by now to need a recap. Paul is correct, they do offer factory service but I'm sure it isn't too cheap, but you might want to look into it.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I won't buy bose stuff its overpriced. This radio I found at a yard sale for ten bucks. I have looked for info but can't find any. It seems that they keep tight control on any getting out. The radio works after cleaning up the water damage but the display is tired looking. dim and not evenly lit. I was thinking that it might be the power supply. I have replace the few suspect caps. with no improvement.

Thanks Anyway

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Bose considers their schematics as proprietary so they will only give them out to their authorized service centers.

They don,t want people to know why something that sounds good can't pick up a 50k watt local station!

Paul

Tubetalk1

Thanks for the help

I found the same problem as the youtube videos show   water damage and corroded thru holes. Most of the caps were good. It took a few tries but I got it going.  Still the display is tired. It's good enough for $10 +parts

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\