Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-460 Hippo Decal

Was wondering what the correct reproduction decal from radio daze for this model?

Don't know the specific answer but here is my radio with an original decal.  I'd measure it for you but it's "buried" in storage...new carpet this week.  Maybe you can gauge by the space taken in relationship to the dial.

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-02-2015, 09:40 PM)I sdradioman Wrote:  Was wondering what the correct reproduction decal from radio daze for this model?

DCL-PH8 is the radiodaze item number.  I used one on my Hippo and then found out they aren't quite correct.  The bar in the "H" is centered instead of raised.  vintageradiolabels.com has the correct looking decals.  Just order the sheet of "8 Philco labels" and use the 1-5/8" decal on your Hippo.

DCL-PH8 is for 1932-1936 and very early production 1937 Philcos.

The vintageradiolabels.com decals do not look correct, either. The letters are spaced too close together.

DCL-PH3 would be good for the Hippo. Also 1-5/8" wide, and the correct font and letter spacing.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks guys! I'll get that ordered up.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4085 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4083 Guest(s)

>