Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Precise 111m tube tester restoration

Yea, looks like spaghetti in there. This one is worse than the 111, since it has the transistor checker in it also. I may have figured out why it wasn't used any or very little:

This 2nd pic is a switch from a 111 without the transistor tester function. This is S2, the "test" switch. I may be saved since what I think is the "tube" part of the switch nearest the chassis looks ok. I may be able to use it with the broken switch. But, if not, any ideas on how to repair? It only has contacts on the top side. I have an idea, but before I attempt, has anyone dealt with something like this before? Or does anyone have a 'parts' unit that I could obtain the switch from?

The 3rd pic I found interesting for obvious reasons.

So far, I have found a broken NE51 shorts bulb, a cracked meter,  (very small), and I don't think it will affect anything. I am getting ready to start the recap and try to locate a bulb. I don't have any schematic or assembly instructions. If anyone here has this and is willing to help, could you PM me please.

Attached Files Image(s)

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 05-27-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 05-30-2016, 02:06 PM