Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Opinions: Grill Cloth for 37-116 & 116B & 16B

Thanks, guys. I'm sure Michael will appreciate this info.

I suspected the 37-116 would require the widest cloth (plus the two smaller pieces for the two acoustic clarifier openings).

I will try to measure my 37-675 tomorrow, as well as my peaked top 16B tombstone.

radiorich Wrote:is that cloth used in Philco 610b I can see what size mine used.

No, the 610B used the 1935-36 Philco diamond pattern.
https://philcoradio.com/gallery2/1936a/#Model_610B

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi all.   For the Philco V cloth, I'm seeing  2 sizes so far.   

The V width is going to be 20 1/2" wide for all lengths.   (I didn't want to spend a lot more $$$ for another roll of narrower V measurement).

For the Philco 16B cathedral and smaller sets:          20 1/2" wide  x 15" long

For the 116x                                                         20 1/2" wide x  25" long.

Do these sizes already include the extra length needed to cover the opening and additional length needed to glue the cloth to the cabinet?  I know the width is plenty wide.  I want to do it right the first time!
(I always tell my wife that "Virgos do it right the first time".  She hates that!   It might make a good bumper sticker though.).

I know the 116x has the 2 clarifier openings.   Is the 10" length sufficient for the needed extra length?   If so I might offer a "combo" with the large and 2 small 20 1/2" x 10"  pieces together.  Otherwise just buy a second  20 1/2 by 25 piece and cut it to size.

I will wait to hear from you guys.  If you think a larger or smaller length should be made, let me know for consideration.

Thanks.

I will try to get the 5 new patterns on the website soon.   One of them is the RCA    R-28-P.    

Also - a note to a previous post.    Since most of the cloths are made of polyester, for some reason the pattern fades when you are looking down at it.  I don't know why, but unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do about it, so take that into consideration if that will be a "dealbreaker" for you.    And all of us grille cloth sellers would love to get the color perfect, but sometimes the mill doesn't have the right color yarns (they are smaller mills) and every cloth fades slightly differently over time, and the covered (brighter) part of the cloth might be too bright for a lot of radios who might look darker that when new.   We do try though!