Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco A-361 Phinally working again.

A few weeks ago I decided to take the paperwork I got from Chuck for this radio and take it up to my buddy's shop for a recap. All seemed to go well and I got it back fairly quick and it had worked great up at the shop. After only playing for 15 minutes at home, the radio went silent and quit receiving stations! Icon_crazy  All tubes were good so back up the the shop it went and we found one of the IF cans wasn't getting a signal through it anymore. He finally got it apart and, after trying to figure out what was wrong, resoldered all the internal connections and the radio came back to life. Basically, all that was wrong was a cold solder joint inside the can.
Anyways, the radio is currently playing and also testing the 'resistor box' I had made to drop the voltage for it and other radios in my collection. I must admit, this is a good sounding radio for a car radio shoved in a big box and it also doesn't fuss about stuff in the house as much as my other radios. Now, on to the chairside mate to this next. Is Chuck still doing the paperwork thing on his site?

Edit: I spoke too soon. Now the radio is going up and down in volume by itself. Looks like it will be back on the bench once the weather warms up. Icon_sad

No matter where you go, there you are.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
7K should be fine. While not a perfect match (This transformer is meant for 6V6 tubes), Antique Electronic Supply (AES)...MrFixr55 — 08:03 AM
40-150 General questions
I discovered a stamp on the underside of the breadboard on my Philco 40-150. It is"56-1417' in black ink with numbe...Kevin_D — 07:14 AM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
FYI the Impedance of the HR20 (the one I have) secondary of the audio transformer is 5 ohms. The 38-7XX speaker is suppo...tludka — 04:22 PM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
Yeah, don't use the transformer currently on the H-20 (Dopf, I thought "H20, is that new technology, a speaker usin...MrFixr55 — 03:51 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2756 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 2754 Guest(s)

>