Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1929 Philco Model 86 Restore on Youtube

Arran

I doubt WWII vets drove the prices up.
It is us, collectors, who are in our 60-s, 70-s or maybe even 80s, and some are younger, who are paying those prices.
It is a regular antique collecting.
Else we could say that the prices of DaVinci paintings go up because the last surviving Renaissance people are driving them up.
And those WWII vets often did not have enough space to collect. Their kids do though.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hello,
It is possible that the houses in the USA are bigger, but in Europe and specifically in Spain, I can assure you that each time the apartments are smaller and more expensive. I had a sister who lived near Washington and she told me that the house was much cheaper than in Spain and that for the same price you had a much larger house in the US. I know people who are very fond of old radios, but they don't buy them because of the space. Entering a PHILCO 90 home, for example, they would not know where to put it. Maybe under the bed.
On the other hand, the "nostalgic" usually only buys a radio. The one that reminds you of the old days.
The true collector buys radios of a specific and diversified time range.
As for prices, in France, for example, pieces like VITUS, PERICAUD, LUCIEN LEVY, DUCRETET, from the 1920s are very expensive. Depending on which model it can cost several thousand euros. And obviously its technology is as out-of-date as a PHILCO or ATWATER KENT from the 20's. Precisely an Atwater Kent model 2 (Breadboard), in good condition, can cost between 2 and 3 thousand dollars. And let's not talk about model 5.
It is for these reasons that I am puzzled about the price of the PHILCO 86. I think the main reason is a problem of space.
Greetings
Ferran

Hello,
The philco 86 has finally arrived. Its general condition is good. But there is a serious problem. The output push-pull transformer is cut off. It's the transformer next to the speaker. PUSH-PULL OUPUT TRANSFORMER, PART N. 2897.
Radio Daze, has several push-pull transformers.
Can you advise me on the one that goes better for 86?
Thank you.
Regards,
Ferran