Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speaker cone replacement

Hi, working on a Philco 60 and need the speaker reconed, I saw Sound Remedy in one of the threads but the web site is not working and I did see an obituary for a Rich Stamer I believe was or is the owner. Anybody know anything.

Jim
Spring Lake MI

This may truly be bad news, Rich was the owner and magnificent workman. I have 2 speakers he has done and boy what a good job. I would think he has passed, I know he had some health issues and was slowing down. Very sad. A gentleman.

Paul

Tubetalk1

I was told how access his web site and was able to see it. I found a phone number I'll call tomorrow.

Jim
Spring Lake MI

I suspect it is his son, 58 years. Yes, also Rich Stamer, also Collingswood NJ.

Rich finished my 16B speaker about a year ago.

Didn't know that. I will call him, express my condolences. Rich is a great guy.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

morzh, could you let us know if he is still doing speakers.

Jim
Spring Lake MI

Yes, Rich is still in business.

His website now is

https://ammonlabstrainingacademy.com/soundremedynj/

He had to change it as there was another site in Midwest that used the same URL.

I also expressed our condolences. It was, after all, his son.
He sounds well and he is ready to work on any speaker.

Mike

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thank you

Jim
Spring Lake MI

Jim, I just had one done by Jackson Speaker Repair and it is somewhat local to you in Jackson, Michigan. However, at this moment he is located in Florida. He did a great job on a 6" speaker from a Zenith 12U159 for me at a very fair price.

Thanks Jim, is he on vacation, I presume so. My wife and I are heading there this Friday to visit my brother.
I think I bought a radio from you at the Kazoo show.

Jim
Spring Lake MI