Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-380 antenna hookups?

There are four screws on the back to run the 3 antenna wires to.  Two of the wires are paired together, the third one is not.  Question: Which wire goes where?  Looking at this model on the net, people have it connected in different ways.  Looking from the back, I have seen the two paired ones connected in the middle, then others to the left, others to the right.  Help!  Icon_crazy        

Typically one is GND, one is balanced (2 wires) and one is unbalanced (single ended).

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

That information doesn't address my problem as the connections are not marked, and as stated I have seen different combinations hookups on the net. They all can't be correct. Just need to know what antenna wires go to which screw.

Your set the screw terminals connect only to the loop ants barring the one test point. You need the external ant adapter. It plugs into the socket above the terminal strip. It has a connection for a single wire ant.

https://philcoradio.com/library/download...20Book.pdf

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Pulls in stations, so no additional ant required. Just need correct wire hookup sequence.

Thx