Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Howard Car Radio Model HA6 1936

Hi Everyone, 

A friend has given me a Howard Model HA6 car radio - a set which has an interesting history , the more so for its turning up here in New Zealand.

(Because we here in N.Z. have a lot to do with our Australian neighbours I originally searched there - and there was in Australia a Howard Radio Company. but they seemingly built only domestic radios.)
So try the U.S.A. and the Howard Radio Company of Chicago.

It dates to 1936 apparently . The schematic is in Riders 1937 GHI page 255.It uses a little bias cell, apparently to bias the triode section of the 75 1st. audio.As original the output tube was a 6B5 working into a push pull output transformer, but now replaced with a single ended 6V6. I haven't explored the output transformer yet. The holder for the bias cell is empty so what the arrangements for biasing the 75 (if any ) are ,also awaits exploration.It uses a separate oscillator tube (76) and a synchronous vibrator.

But sadly like so many car radios the head unit is missing.

Would there be any one on the Phorum who has such  a   set  ,complete , who could upload a photo of their set so I can see what the head unit looked like? Or someone who could direct me to an advertisement in e.g. Radiocraft or similar to get an idea of what the head unit looks like?
Thanks everyone and all the best ,
Antipodal

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco Model 512 Mandarin Red Metal Cone Speaker - Help
MrFixr55- Thanks for all the good information. I know that the "motor" is open. Since this is my first ventur...jjfritz5528 — 09:22 PM
Howard Car Radio Model HA6 1936
Hi Everyone,  A friend has given me a Howard Model HA6 car radio - a set which has an interesting history , the more ...Antipodal — 09:17 PM
GE Model P-975F
Have looked at info on other sites. What is funny the wire that runs to the ext ant and ground connections are different...David — 05:36 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
Hello Philconut. This thread is over twelve years old. I am sorry to inform you that Michael Dennis passed away severa...GarySP — 05:24 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
I've just taken one of these sets in for restoration. What a behemoth! After re-stuffing all the wee capacitor cans &...Philconut — 04:34 PM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
All of these restorations are two projects. The chassis and the cabinet. You're done with the chassis. I would keep ...RodB — 01:29 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. The transformer tested per your numbers. Checked the wiring and it appears to be good. I’ll move on to checking ...bridkarl — 12:37 PM
GE Model P-975F
There are 2 of these on ePay and several pics on Radiomuseum.  Although the front looks like a very popular Hong Kong ra...MrFixr55 — 09:26 AM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
Hi Fred, I get things to work, but what you, Russ, RadioSvit and many others on the Phorum do with cabinet and chassis...MrFixr55 — 09:02 AM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi Bridcarl +1 on the others.  Pin 6 of the 7C6 is the AVC Diode so it is appropriate that that pin 4 of the coil con...MrFixr55 — 07:30 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2522 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2521 Guest(s)

>