Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 29 or 45

Hello, I have just received a Philco lowboy where the tube layout label in the cabinet says 29 or 45. There is no label or markings on the chassis to say which it is. Is there some way to tell what I have? Also my search for a new dial came up empty on Radio Daze does anyone know if I can get one?

Thanks,
Dan

29 chassis has a shadow meter while 45 chassis does not. Shadow meter is part no. 27 in the 29 schematic. compare it to the 45 chassis.
https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...ams-vol-1/

...and here's a series of discussions that Ron Ramirez did about his 29/45 restoration. This the link to Part 1 of 7.
https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...on-part-1/

Thanks for the info Bob. Looks like a have a 45 (no shadow). Stuffing old paper caps is a bit more than what I care to do. Besides who will ever see them. I restuff electrolytic caps if there is no room under the chassis otherwise I leave the old ones in place disconnected.

Dan

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
Thank you for the information, it all helps, although understanding some of it takes time. One reason for doing the PS a...TN Allen — 09:42 AM
462ron
Hi Mike, the radio is coming along nicely but wow, you must have some serious moisture in your shop judging by the amoun...462ron — 06:29 AM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Have rebuilt the can. The can had 4 caps in it, 2x16uF, 10uF and 8uF. I used a 15uF as the first cap, 22uF and 10uF ...morzh — 09:38 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
The flat copper wires are from the hum bucking coil. All of the other resistances seem to be OK.Radioroslyn — 04:15 PM
Help with weston 669
I need help with my 669 meter. I recapped it becausing it was pegging the meter out. Now the neon light comes on (not su...daveone23 — 02:42 PM
I may be incorrect but you should measure around few ohms for the voice coil. In addition you may have a hum bucking coi...RodB — 02:29 PM
Philco 10 car radio head key
I recently acquired a 1932-33 Philco 10 Transitone car radio. The head has a key slot and the key is missing. I found a ...Keandkafu — 01:33 PM
Well it looks like I jumped the gun.  :lol:   Brought it up slowly on a variac and at about 30V it was drawing .24A and ...Kurt P — 12:30 PM
Viscount 1240 melting battery
Around here Costco sells Duracell so we don't buy them there. Usually wait for the Pink Bunny to put his on sale.RodB — 09:49 AM
Viscount 1240 melting battery
Hello Guys, I have bought batteries from costco to have one leak in the package before even openning the package ! S...radiorich — 07:18 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4194 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4192 Guest(s)

>