Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Identification Needed For Two Pictured Mica Capacitors

Hello Everyone,
If someone could please give me the values of the two 1937 mica capacitors pictured I would appreciate it. The charts that I have seen online still confuse me. Thank you.
Paul

Attached Files Image(s)

Do the dots in the bottom row have colors?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

No, they are bare.

It is possible that the micamold has two purple dots instead of pink. These two capacitors are from a Philco 38-7 and are the only two mica capacitors in the radio. The schematic shows a 3600pf and a 110pf mica capacitor. Do the color markings correspond to these?

From what I can recall the code on molded mica capacitors (no silver in these usually) is read like the resistor code, so the colours you are seeing are either red or purple, so on the Aerovox cap the code would be 4-4-7 or 4-4-2, so it's either 440,000,000 pf/mmf (not likely as that would be 440 mf) or 4400 pf/mmf, or the third dot is the third significant digit rather then a multiplier. Are there any markings on the other side of either mica cap, like a paint dot?
Regards
Arran

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Hickok 288x
One problem i noticed is there is no real voltage on the 31 caps, 20uf elec. On the probes, good machine X1=8ohms X10...daveone23 — 02:50 PM
Replicating (dogbone) resistors what method have you used ?
John did you see the domino style capacitors that he made too. No, I did not see those Richard. I'll have to try and...Eliot Ness — 02:19 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Back to working on this, pretty much everything is done minus the RF coil, which I'm putting off until last.  Thanks for...Kurt P — 02:07 PM
Does the 20 Deluxe use photofinish?
I recently bought a can of oms and it now says Lo-odor mineral spirits. When I use citrus stripper I leave it on for...RodB — 11:09 AM
It's on a scale of how bad is it compared to... Naphtha, chlorine bleach, mek, and lacquer thinner it's odorless.Radioroslyn — 10:26 AM
Yeah, always wondered why they call them spirits "odorless". It sure enough smell like a gas station.morzh — 10:10 AM
I usually don't do any sanding till all the stripping is done. The veneer on the cabinet is thin and it is easy to sand ...Radioroslyn — 09:49 AM
HiFi (Chifi) tube amp build - but my own design.
As I remember it, the shock from that B+, about 250VDC, felt worse than the shocks I experienced from 220VAC.morzh — 09:14 AM
Hickok 288x
They worked for 85 years as .05's and my other machine which operated perfectly has them. Doubt thats the issue. What ty...daveone23 — 09:01 AM
462ron
LOL@ MrFixr. I remember an encounter with my first tube radio.. I think I have posted this before. Back when I knew just...462ron — 08:07 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>