Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

will putting in a weak 6X6 affect the performance?

Hi,

This is one of my first posts, I'm sorry if I sound like a newbie, but I find this hobby fascinating!!!

So here's my question, I own a Majestic (7M732) radio floor model, and I'm wondering if I installed a weak 6X6 tube in it if it'll affect the performance of the radio? I understand that it shows you how strong the radio station comes in. But does it do anything else? Or is it connected to other vitals in the radio?

Reason I'm asking is because I don't have a 6X6 for this radio, and there's someone who wants to sell me one for really cheap, and I would really like this radio to work, until I find a stronger 6X6. But I have no clue if I can do that...

I could use your experience on something like this!!!

Thank you,

Don

There are exceptions but most radios will play just fine with no eye tube at all installed.

Thanks for the tip exray, very appreciated!!!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3993 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 3990 Guest(s)

>