Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco radio and one unknow

Hi
I have a philco radio model 39-25 console with 4 knobs. Need to know what the other two next to the on/off and volume knobs. are? Also the unknow model is a console on legs (cabinet) (1935's?) label- "first national radio receiver" manu "gilfillan bro's" for balkeit radio corp. As for the Gilfillan the only label is on the metal plate on tuner? with the info list on my post.My cabinet has longer legs and 2 doors, 2 knobs. round tuning face, with "electron" label, as for the tube layout 3 on the left (type 80?) tuner? then 3 more (type 27?) will do pic thanks

Hi & welcome to the phorum,
The 39-25 console knobs from left to right...on/off...volume...band selection...tuner dial.
The unknown sounds like a Gilfillan out of Los Angeles,Ca. Does it look like this model 105A console from 1930? Look for any other markings/labels/numbers.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

If you post the tube line up for the First National, we might be able to narrow down the options available.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

What Carl said; plus, photos would also help in identification. Thanks.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
7K should be fine. While not a perfect match (This transformer is meant for 6V6 tubes), Antique Electronic Supply (AES)...MrFixr55 — 08:03 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3046 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3044 Guest(s)

>