Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 1905. Please Help!

Hello,
 The plug end is a standard 2 prong. (It may have been removed for a reason....) post a clear picture of the end of the cord. If it was cut then I would not just plug it in. It is a Canadian set but it says it is 120V. It may have had a Canadian plug end.

The needle for the player can be found at Voiceofmusic.com. If you cant locate the correct replacement then remove the cartridge and get the number off of it. If it is the original cartridge then it will be a philco. On the back of the radio or inside of it, There should be a paper glued to the inside with a schematic and pertinent information. Many times there is a sticker on the side of the tone arm with the cart # and the Needle #. If you can get a clear picture of the cartridge without all the crud on it, I can tell you how to remove it. Make sure to unhook the rear wires before messing with the cartridge! The wires have female ends that will slide off the male ends attached to the cartridge but the wires are fragile so be careful. The piece in your last photo that clips on to the cabinet is the 45 adapter to play the 45 RPM records with the large center hole. I will check on your needle and get back to you. Don't remove the cartridge yet.
Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Messages In This Thread
Philco Model 1905. Please Help! - by StevieGreggs - 01-09-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Philco Model 1905. Please Help! - by morzh - 01-09-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: Philco Model 1905. Please Help! - by OldRestorer - 01-09-2016, 08:46 PM
RE: Philco Model 1905. Please Help! - by morzh - 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM