Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 90 Tuning after cleaning tuning capacitor

Mike,
i printed your reply and checked point per point. 

my 4 gang stators to frame measure 307.1 / 307.8 / 3.9 / 10.5 ohms not infinite. I rotate the rotor shaft and the measures are consistent.  the 3.9 is the High frequency condenser. The picture supports the plates are not touching. The mica is clean and in remarkably good shape (window clean). 

When i use the Heathkit signal generator i can walk the tuning squeal up the dial but when i remove the antenna and ground connection i hear nothing from my antenna, maybe static or 'air'.  

Morzh your advice is well taken.  I have Steve Davis' trim still in the box and the formerly water damaged bottom has been repaired.  I also bought some matching Philco 90 grill cloth, so i could focus on the cabinet.  This is going to be a great radio someday.  I checked my soldering and couldn't find any breaks. 

It bothers me that the stations were so strong and clear before all this "cleaning" - i want my radio back. 

Enough tonight but tomorrow... i'm a little obsessed (and frustrated).  This is what i do for relaxation! Rich       

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model 90 Tuning after cleaning tuning capacitor - by winston763 - 01-28-2016, 12:29 AM