Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-670 Shadow Meter Woes

The shape of the wax covering (which is VERY thin) appears to be shaped like a horseshoe magnet.  If the magnet is there, the wax (thin layer) does indeed make the end of the bobbin flush, so the magnet would have to be recessed in the end of the bobbin and secured with wax.  What confuses me is that the magnet, if it is there, does not attract metal (at the ends or center) - even thin strands of steel wool.  And a small magnetic screwdriver does not appear to attract the center area where I removed the wax.  That area does indeed appear to be metal.

It may be that my magnet has lost ALL its strength, but is there.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos.  It is weird that there is so much information out there for the old style (box shaped) shadow meter, and nothing I could find about the newer type.  SURELY someone has had to re-magnetize a magnet, and thus has disassembled, a new style meter!  That's the person I would like to connect up with.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 37-670 Shadow Meter Woes - by davemc - 03-30-2016, 08:46 AM
RE: Philco 37-670 Shadow Meter Woes - I give up! - by davemc - 04-04-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Philco 37-670 Shadow Meter Woes - by titan1a - 05-03-2016, 07:45 PM