Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I don't believe it!

Texasrocker Wrote:Congrats music! Things that go "Thump" or,..."Hum",.. and other Things,.... that make you want to go "hummm" ,..show up in the strangest places sometimes!!! Enjoy your vintage Marantz! Im staying busy in what little spare-time I have to commit to the vintage-tube tech "hobby", that I highly enjoy on the sidelines of real-life,called my boring... ( day gig)! Im currently under construction,.. building (2) both,.. from "scratch",.. all tube compressor/limiters for a Rec Studio customer in Austin. Awaiting some "ultra-linear" specially built input & output transformers to arrive from the UK.Both trans exact replicas of the old vintage Peerless brand, that even the new owners of magnequest cant do unless I pay much more. Us co Jensen trans can build em, but the waiting list is much to long, ( very similar to the UK & Canadian healthcare systems)!!

I'm surprised that Hammond couldn't supply you with some output transformers, I do know that they make ultra linear inverse feedback types in the last catalog that I got from them, they also make them potted in a can if you so desire. Hammond will even custom build transformers of any sort, but needless to say it makes more sense if you have them built in quantity. Unlike the healthcare system, Hammond is a very efficient Canadian entity.
Best Regards
Arran

P'S I thought Jensen was a speaker manufacturer? I wasn't aware that they dabbled in transformers. Jefferson and Thordarson (if they are still in business) I know of but not Jensen.

Messages In This Thread
I don't believe it! - by Music in a bottle - 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Texasrocker - 07-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Music in a bottle - 07-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Arran - 07-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by kruc - 07-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Texasrocker - 07-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Music in a bottle - 07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Music in a bottle - 07-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by codefox1 - 07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by Music in a bottle - 07-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Re: I don't believe it! - by kruc - 07-20-2009, 04:07 AM