Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

found rare Western Elec hifi MC input transformers today?

Many Thanks for all your replies on this topic!

Doug H., no worries!, Im not parting-out any vintage Western Elec amps at all! I found the rare W.E. branded input transformer(s) retro-fitted into a circa 1947 era RCA auditorium 6 ch mixer/amp combo. Im being very careful what I "part-out". The only vintage amps chassis' Im parting-out the chassis are those of mfgrs such as DuKane,Rauland,Bell,vintage late 50s tube type schools/ grocery stores intercom/ background music type vintage tube PA equip.

Im saving all the vintage RCA amps,any marked W.E, Altec ,RCA, Gates broadcast vintage gear(s), for complete restorations in my spare-time, if I ever get any in my retirement days, if I ever make it that far.

I revisited the vintage amps "shed-find" again today.Yellowjackets waspsnests are now massive in size!! I took over a can of Spectricide wasp & hornet spray. That was fun!! Theres still plenty of vintage-inventory in there,but I havent uncovered any 1930s era vintage W.E. type ( movie theatre) type equip yet. I highly doubt finding any.

I pulled out 4 more vintage mid- 50s era matching rack-mount DuKanes amps ( 4 6V6 in PP types) today, and a old Ampex model 375 rec-studio type amp circa 1952 while giving the wasps a visit. Ive done some research on the Ampex mod 375 on the net, and found out it was recording-studio quality amp mfgd in 1952, and "synced" with the early Ampex tape reel-to-reel recorders "heads" to control motor speed for playback & record functions. It was called the Ampex "60 cycle" amp. Any further info you guys could provide my way, is very-highly appreciated!! There is somemore vintage RCA amps in amongst the yellow-jackets also! Hopefully those will yield a few more high-quality vintage "ultra-linear" transformers as well? Not sure tho. I consider myself very fortunate getting access to this vintage tube gear "find" indeed! My vintage parts-bins are getting restocked one day at a time. I visually identified either a RCA Radiola 17, or mod 18s 2-separate chassis in the shed as well today. Thats my 1st sighting of anything radio-related other than the vintage test-equip I found and restored already.
Hoping to find a simbilance of a AK mod 10 breadboard set in the shed, but I dont think I will ever be that lucky in life!
fighting wasps has never been such fun before! Icon_wink