Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

found rare Western Elec hifi MC input transformers today?

As I mentioned before the bucks paid for Western Electric seems to be based on brand identity, much of it was commercial and military grade so it was likely better then average, but still not enough to justify what some of the oriental folks were paying. Then again they seem to think, as many audiophools do, that true high fidelity can only be achieved through using obscure single ended triodes that were obsolete in 1934. I have a P.A amp that was made by W.E's Canadian cousin, Northern Electric, I wonder if they would pay an outrageous amount for that unit?
I remember that during the transistor radio boom there were ridiculous prices being paid for any pre 1960 set with the name "SONY" on it, not that there was anything great about them, but it was that brand identity thing again. A lot of people don't see to know that the earlier Japanese products weren't that great at all, a lot of it was junk that would make the Chinese stuff look good.
Best Regards
Arran

P.S My favorite way of getting rid of a wasp nest is to wait until dusk and to take a flame to the bottom, the entrance is at that end but the nest burns upward like a Roman candle cooking the little devils as they try to get out. Not always practical unless you have a metal shed but fun.