Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info?

I agree with Exray on the RCA special needs orig eyetubes sets! A few yrs back,I had a special "request",from a customer, to look thru all my spare eye-tubes for a suitable "rare fit" orig replacement for a vintage 30s RCA set.I cant remember the exact chassis model of RCA radio in question , that generated that " item specific"request. I do remember it was a request for the overall "length" in question of the tube to fit properly. Just any ol reg eye tube replacement wouldnt fit in the orig overall"length" space from front to back, except for a special-designed tube. I didnt have the exact fit my customer was looking for out of many spare eyetubes in backstock here. Most eye-tubes are very similar in size etc. Joe,.. you just may have a "rarity" special-fit eye-tube indeed! Compare the overall "length" of your eyetube with others you have on-hand as comparison.Im no eyetube expert by any means, but I learned over the yrs how to sometimes add a resistor across some of the old Zenith sets eye-tubes sockets to perk up their eyelids abit! Works too! Congrats on your find Joe!! ol Tx Icon_wink

Messages In This Thread
6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info? - by jayoungs - 08-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Re: 6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info? - by exray - 08-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Re: 6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info? - by jayoungs - 08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Re: 6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info? - by Texasrocker - 08-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Re: 6G5 Shoulder Tube - any Info? - by jayoungs - 08-23-2009, 10:31 PM