Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 19LZ

Hey Guys,

Paul - email sent with scan of mount and all dimensions marked. Mine are in rough shape, so am in the process of making new ones from 1/8" fiberboard. It works great and is much more stable. Please let me know if anything is unclear or I can be of further help.

Ron - hi, hope all is good and you're settled in from the move! You were right, I quickly found a replacement for the missing tube shield and have a "complete" set now. Mine does have the socket on the chassis back - any idea what this was for? Assuming maybe plugging in a lamp or something? I don't know if this grille cloth mount scan w/dimensions would be helpful for the site, but happy to provide if you would like.

Hey Gary - good to hear from ya. I've stripped the cabinet, reglued all the loose veneer edges (a lot was loosened on the trim over the speaker slots), almost done rebuilding the grille cloth mounts and already built a new speaker board (old one was warped pretty badly), and am currently scratching my head trying to find matching "tiger veneer" to repair the two corner veneer chips on top. Hoping I can find some old scrap somewhere that I can repurpose. Not sure what it is about this radio, but I really like it and want to get it as perfect as possible.

I haven't done much of anything on the chassis except cleaned it really well and tested the tubes (after first restoring the tester I bought a year ago off an auction and had been sitting in a corner... Icon_rolleyes ).

I'll post updates along the way. Any unsolicited advice is always welcome to keep me from screwing something up!! 8)

Joe

"Ignorance is bliss...'til you have to fix a radio..."

Messages In This Thread
Philco 19LZ - by PTurney - 11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by jayoungs - 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by PTurney - 11-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by jayoungs - 11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by gary rabbitt - 11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by Ron Ramirez - 11-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by jayoungs - 11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Re: Philco 19LZ - by PTurney - 11-09-2009, 09:13 AM