Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

50-1726 FM Alignment & Dial Tracking Problems

I don't think the longer leads of the modern capacitors should give you any problems. The modern leads would probably behave much the same way as the outer foils in the old capacitor, so there would be little difference. I'd be sure to use the type of capacitor you are replacing, e.g. replace a tubular with a tubular, and ceramic with ceramic (if any). Be sure to dress the leads exactly as the old cap was, so if the old cap was dressed against the chassis, be sure to dress the new one the same, and if wires crossed the old cap above or below it, or ran along side, be sure to run the wires the same way, and the same distance away.

The only reason to replace ceramic with ceramic is because you might not be able to dress an axial-leaded tubular part just the same as a radial leaded ceramic. Then again that might not matter, but I'd play it safe.

The Philco service data, if you can find it, probably has critical wiring locations, with a diagram. I don't know if the Riders data would have that information.

John Honeycutt

Messages In This Thread
50-1726 FM Alignment & Dial Tracking Problems - by Guest - 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Re: 50-1726 FM Alignment & Dial Tracking Problems - by Raleigh - 06-06-2010, 10:24 PM