Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zenith transocianic & GE clock / radio & Minerva Tropic Master

Well,
looks like i have 3 new toddlers to tend to.

First the GE radio,, its a nice working unit and i have not opened it up.. but will soon.
I may be needing to find a home for it because its not really my cup of tea but still i like it either way.

Second the Minerva Tropic Master. checked it out and yup original caps so that and resistors come next.  It plays but while playing i littereally had a cap start to go out so ..... time to fix it up and let it live a few more decades.

Third  the Zenith Transoceanic.  This is an absolutely amazing radio.I jumpered all six external antenna inputs to one so i could just hook up my long wire.  I know this isnt right but things came in really great.  This one radio may force me to learn about doing proper antenna's and for a radio of this type, i bet i will not be wasting my time.  This set has everything i was looking for in a radio plus a whole lot more but,, something seems missing with no tubes!!

all were free and i believe i am starting to become a collector,, why,, because of my new itch t get my paws on a hallicrafters sx-42!

the minerva will need all the normal things like cord, fuse and redo the caps/ resistors.  
With the tube radios, i am putting in a 120v relay that makes and breaks dry contacts.  the contacts of the relay joins in the long wire antenna.  this way all the sets can share the same long wire,, and i just try to avoid having two on at once.,, like one in the house and one in the garage.

ive sense taken down the beverage antenna,,,, i cant seem to find enough level ground here on my property to make it effective enough but,, i learned a buncha stuff doing it and it does work,, i would like to see some flat landers install one cause its really easy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: zenith transocianic - by David - 06-02-2018, 11:21 AM
RE: zenith transocianic & GE clock / radio & Minerva Tropic Master - by jcassity - 06-04-2018, 07:41 PM