Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2018 Season

I tried again today. Went through two pairs of green "Everlast" (Neverlast) gloves in very short order. I almost have my RCA T7-5 cabinet stripped...but for the lousy gloves.

I read somewhere today that acetone (supposedly) isn't particularly hazardous to humans, but being a cancer survivor already, I don't want to take any unnecessary chances. I'm certainly not going to use the stuff with my bare hands.

I did some research, and found that butyl gloves are best for handling acetone. Of course, if I want any of those, I will have to order some as none of the locals carry anything like that.

Nitrile gloves, which are (of course) the kind most commonly found around here, are the worst choice for tough chemicals like acetone and lacquer thinner. I guess the only thing worse than nitrile would be cloth gloves...or no gloves at all.

So I guess I'll confine my work to the RCA 6T2 cabinet until I get some suitable gloves.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2018 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 08-05-2018, 08:29 PM