Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help?

Hello All, thanks for the great advice ive been getting, and I didnt intend to make it sound like i wanted some one to hold my hand through it, would have been nice, but not my original intent. I just meant as i need advice or perhaps some more visual aids, would be nice to be able to count on that. For Roger, any thoughts on where I can obtain the correct schematics for my model? Is there a web page that some one has where they sell these, or is it kind of a hit and miss type thing? Hello Ron, Thanks for the welcome, based on your questions to ask myself its an unequivocal YES, Though this is my first philco, its if I recall correctly, its my 10th vintage radio, and so far looks to be the simplest one to recap. I have among a few nameless brands, 3 Zenith trans-oceanic, 1 coronado, and 1 Hammond.....All look far more complicated than I want to work with initially, but this one looks to be a great first one, with only 10 possibly 12 caps to replace... might have mis counted but it looks far less daunting than tackling a Zenith Trans-Oceanic....I just need to find the radio schematics, buy some soldering wick and I think I can do some recapping....Then ill have to tackle replacing the needle assembly on the phono....another first. I think for experience sake ill take advice replace it vs rebuild it....Any further advice or suggestions will help alot. Thanks everyone. -Steve

Messages In This Thread
Re: My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help? - by sh71382 - 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM