Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 37-630 newer shadow meter mounting??clips dont hold

discovered in an other thead theres a grommet! I dont have this grommet so I just went to the local advance auto store and bought a foot of windshield washer hose, slit it down one side and put that on the long sides of the meter. worked perfectly. While rooting around for shadow meter posts I discovered that this newer style meter is actually adjustable!!! I didnt know the coil slide up and down the the main body!!!! I had read the official posts about how to adjust them but never understood it...till now. So now I have a shadow meter that does adjust and have a narrow shadow! My only problem now is that I have to tap on the radio to get the shadow meter to move. Not real sure what causes this.

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set.