Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y

No problem. It was for a bit of fun in any case. Now, since it sat in a back room through our humid summer, I decided to give the controls on the EMUD some cleaning as the treble controls and band select buttons had become scratchy again. After doing that and doing the tube sockets as well, I would say the EMUD has a tiny edge now over the Zenith. It can definitely get LOUD and is a hot performer on FM and really works well on shortwave with just the internal antenna. Definitely amazing as I realized it is really only a six tube unit with the 7th being the eye tube. Of course, performance varies channel to channel and I just cranked the Zenith on our local station and it can still keep up with the EMUD. Also, the Zenith definitely beats on late evening, AM listening. I noticed the EMUD loses pep on AM when the channel power goes down, but the Zenith can actually get our local station clear, something all my radios struggle to do. I guess what I am trying to say is I am rather amazed at what Zenith managed to do with that little 35c5 tube in the C845Y and it's family of table radios. Also, I have $150 in the EMUD, which is restored and only $25 in the unrestored, but still rather good working and looking Zenith. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.

Messages In This Thread
EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y - by Jayce - 10-04-2018, 05:39 PM
RE: EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y - by morzh - 10-04-2018, 07:02 PM
RE: EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y - by Jayce - 10-04-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y - by Jayce - 10-04-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: EMUD German radio vs Zenith C845Y - by Arran - 10-07-2018, 02:07 AM