Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 116X in a 116 Tombstone cabinet

Hi Doug

Glad to know the package arrived OK.

No rush on what you're sending down here. Icon_smile You're lucky if you're having good weather lately. Cold, rainy and miserable is how the weather has been here the last few days. I think it will be better this weekend, though. I don't blame you for doing as much as you can outside before it gets too cold to do so. A '41 Cadillac is certainly a worthwhile project indeed. Good luck with yours!

I found a photo of an Emerson DS-365 at the Alternative Radio Forum.
http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/v/Emers...5.jpg.html

Very interesting. Indicators on the dial not only for the slide rule tuning, but also for the volume and tone controls. And 6L6 outputs for an AM-only radio.

Philco only used 6L6 tubes in a few of their prewar models. The 38-116, 38-690, 42-1016 and (I think) the 42-1015. I can think of two postwar models that used 6L6 tubes; the 48-1274 and 48-1276. All consoles, and all but the first two are radio-phonographs. I recall exchanging a few emails with someone a while back, who was going to modify a 116X chassis to use 6L6 outputs. I don't think he ever told me how it turned out, though.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco 116X in a 116 Tombstone cabinet - by Ron Ramirez - 11-19-2010, 08:16 AM