Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fisher 101R dial light replacement

Good job. Since you are running two LED lamps in series which were designed for ~6V each, do they run much dimmer connected in series than they would if only one were connected?

I buy my lamps from Joe's Quality Wholesale on the auction site. I've found that I can unsolder the end caps and grind the ends (carefully) to fit the ends of the original lamps easily with the lamps Joe sells. I remove the small ends of the original lamps (usually involves breaking the original glass) and, after carefully grinding the ends of Joe's LED boards, soldering the original Fisher bulb caps onto the boards. It's the only way I could get these lamps to fit in many of my Fisher tuners without breaking the contact holders (yes, I learned this the hard way).

Since yours are much longer than what Joe sells, it seems to me that the options are to (a) do what you have done or (b) use a single LED board and buy some thin wall copper tubing in the same size as the original caps and use the tubing to make extra long bulbs.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Fisher 101R dial light replacement - by KCMike - 02-07-2019, 09:48 AM
RE: Fisher 101R dial light replacement - by Ron Ramirez - 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: Fisher 101R dial light replacement - by OZ4 - 02-07-2019, 11:33 AM