Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Volume pot difficulty?

Hello, I am still new to the forum and restoration in general with radios. I have a Philco 41-295, and when listening to the radio sometimes the volume fades, and seems to cut out, and with a soft tap on the volume dial it comes back in usually with a loud crackle then it subsides and stays in for a while. Also while adjusting the volume it frequently crackles and goes silent and doesnt seem to have a very good volume range, loud, louder, and deafening, mute.... Does this mean I have a bad pot, or could it just mean a dirty pot? Is this something that a novice can repair? Or is it more involved and not suggested for a beginner? I would love to get it back to where it should be but have never done anything beyond tube replacement and I do not want to damage it any further by trying something I am not able to fix rather simply.

On a side question when I push the auto tune buttons, nothing tunes in, does that mean that they are no longer tuned to a working station or that they are not working right? Thanks in advance. -Steve

Messages In This Thread
Volume pot difficulty? - by sh71382 - 12-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Re: Volume pot difficulty? - by codefox1 - 12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Re: Volume pot difficulty? - by Ron Ramirez - 12-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Re: Volume pot difficulty? - by sh71382 - 12-07-2010, 02:59 PM